Covid-19 Update – July 2021
As a healthcare service, we are still required to have measures in place for all service users as well as our staff, to ensure we remain Covid-secure.
Patients are still expected to wear a mask on entry to the practice and to attend alone, where possible, as close to their appointment time, in order to maintain social distancing along with all other previous measures in place that can be found below.
We’re still working with reduced staff numbers, so we’re not always available to take calls.
Changes we’ve implemented to keep our patients and our team safe
- Additional infection prevention and control measures including disinfecting and cleaning surfaces and communal areas at the start of the day, between appointments and at the end of the day over and above our already pre-existing stringent processes
- Installation of the state-of-the-art Radic8 Virus killer® air purification technology for all procedures
- Attendance at the practice is strictly by appointment only
- Patients attending the practice will be asked to complete a pre-appointment symptom screening by phone or email and again on arrival for their appointment. Patients must confirm that they do not have possible Covid-19 symptoms or been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 and are not in self-isolation.
- Patients will be asked to attend on time and without accompanying members to adhere to social distancing as far as possible.
- Patients will be asked to comply with strict hand hygiene measures from their arrival.
- Payments are to be made using contactless methods wherever possible and an appointment reservation payment taken on booking to secure their appointment time
- Patients will be sent a link to the new patient portal which allows forms to be completed and updated online prior to their appointment as well as the ability to check in at their appointment time
- Adhering to Public Health guidance in respect of personal protective equipment (PPE) for aerosol-generating procedures (AGPs). Our team will look a little different to what you remember with all the kit that we will be wearing.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
The Dentists of Didsbury Team