How to prevent STAINING
Welcome to TOP – TIPS
This weeks blog has been inspired by a topic I seem to have come across nearly every day this week . . . STAINING!
With the cold winter nights and the festive season upon us, it’s the time of the year when coffee mornings, afternoon Tea and Mulled wine at the Christmas markets are a must … but just like anything that we all find fun and satisfying comes the downside and in this case its STAINING !!
I’ve come up with a list of some of the most notorious offenders when it comes to staining our teeth – but not to worry I’ve also shared with you some prevention tips that can help to combat against these bad boys.
- Coffee & Tea
- Wine (Red, Rose and white)
- Grape & Cranberry juice
- Soy sauce
- Tomato sauce (all Tomato based foods)
Tips to Keep Your Teeth Bright
- Drink through a straw –This can help keep stains away when you drink. The liquid won’t get near the visible front surface of your teeth.
- Brush, floss, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash – All three can help you fight plaque, that forms on your teeth. It makes them sticky and gives stains something to hold on to.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned –Make an appointment for a clean, at least twice a year with your dentist/hygienist. Regular cleans will keep your mouth healthy and give you a brighter smile.
- Don’t use tobacco – Tobacco stains your teeth whether you chew it or smoke it. And of course, the habit can cause cancer. Ask your doctor for advice on how to quit smoking!
Still seeing stains?
Bleaching can be a good way to brighten your smile.
Our practice offers three different methods of professional whitening:
Click here to book your free whitening consultation